Renewable Energy Today
The timing has never been better for your Bahamas resort or business to consider renewable solar, wind, and microgrid energy. Let SolarIsland Energy save your business time, money and energy, and increase your value by engineering your solar PV structure, wind turbines, and microgrid installation. We have decades of renewable energy, construction, and engineering experience, guaranteeing the most effective, efficient, and highly designed renewable energy solutions for your energy needs.
What We Do
Planning, Design, Construction, Installation, & Maintenance
- Solar energy: solar PV & microgrid systems, beautiful solar structures
- Wind turbines
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Integration of energy storage technologies and control systems
- Energy efficiency upgrades to building systems
- Concept-to-operation turnkey solutions
- Manage your custom project with other teams if necessary
SolarIsland Energy Benefits
- All your project needs can be met in-house; our expert teams have construction and engineering licenses
- Decades of experience provides peace of mind
- NABCEP-certified Directors leading all teams ensures best practices
- Highest quality equipment for longevity and reliability
- Latest, most dependable technology keeps your system running as efficient as possible
- Our stringent quality and safety programs minimize risk
- A trusted source in the Bahamas for many years; makes planning and implementing seamless
- We employ local labor and help the local economy
- Reliable self-contained energy limits your worry and downtime
- Lower operating expenses and energy bills; funds can be allocated elsewhere
- A stronger bottom line for continued growth
- Less reliance on fossil fuels cleans up the environment
- Value added to business; real estate appreciation
- Marketing your renewable energy capabilities increases business
- Becoming a steward of the fragile ecosystem inspires preservation and healthy islands
Meet Your Bahamas Team
Marvin Arrington brings more than 25 years of diverse construction experience to SolarIsland Energy. He has successfully completed projects in the areas of hospitality, heavy industrial, educational facilities, custom homes, and private island resorts. Marvin has also been the president of Nassau-based Sagoma Construction International since 2012. In this role, Marvin is responsible for establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with new and existing clients. Prior to becoming president of Sagoma Construction International, Marvin worked on projects throughout the southeastern United States and the Caribbean. The value of assets managed by Marvin to date is in excess of $1 billion US dollars and includes the following notable projects:
- Grand Lucayan Resort, Freeport, Bahamas ($235 Million)
- Palm Beach State University, Lake Worth, Florida ($21 Million)
- Grand Isle Villas, Georgetown, Exuma ($25 Million)
- Chub Cay, Berry Islands Bahamas ($250 Million)
- Private Residence, Nassau, Bahamas ($26 Million)
- Pink Sands, Harbour Island, Bahamas ($4 Million)
- Coral Sands, Harbour Island, Bahamas ($2 Million)
Education & Licensure
- BS Civil Engineering Auburn University in Alabama, USA
- Licensed Professional Engineer, South Carolina
Adrian Forsythe is a Project Manager with 10 years of experience in construction, drafting, development and renewable energy. He has worked on vertical construction, infrastructure and PV installs in New Providence and the outer islands of The Bahamas.
Projects include the construction of private homes, installation of underground infrastructure (power, water, and sewer utilities) and installation of a 3.5MW power plant on a private island. Adrian was the project manager of the second largest PV install in The Bahamas which included two grid-tied PV installs, one at 25Kw and the second at 175Kw.
Adrian oversees all PV and wind installs in the Bahamas for SolarIsland Energy. His responsibilities include procurement, shipping, installation and commissioning of PV arrays and wind turbines. Prior to joining us, Adrian held a variety of management positions with both architectural and construction management firms. He has also held multiple positions in Rotaract Club of East Nassau (Junior to Rotary), serving as both treasurer and Vice-President.
- Installation of a 3.5MW power plant on a private island.
- Project manager of the second largest PV install in The Bahamas which included two grid-tied PV installs, one at 25Kw and the second at 175Kw.
- Construction of private homes, installation of underground infrastructure (power, water, and sewer utilities).
- BS Entrepreneurship University of Tampa in Florida, USA
Philip Tunnicliff brings over 25 years of construction experience to SolarIsland Energy. Working throughout the Caribbean and the Southeastern United States, Philip has become well versed in managing construction teams of all sizes, as well as successfully delivering the most challenging projects through even the most complex and difficult of conditions.
Philip also serves as Vice President of Sagoma Construction International where he oversees preconstruction activities and day to day construction operations. Philip is dedicated to Sagoma’s employees as well, believing that they are the key to delivering the high level of service and quality that Sagoma is known for throughout the Caribbean. Prior to joining Sagoma Construction International in 2015, Philip worked on a variety of high-profile assignments in hospitality, higher education, commercial, high-end residential construction, and sports facilities.
The value of assets managed by Philip to date is in excess of $1 billion dollars and includes the following notable projects:
- Rosalita, Harbour Island, Bahamas ($9 Million)
- Margaritaville Resort, St. Thomas, USVI ($90 Million)
- Marlins Ball Park, Miami, Florida ($450 Million)
- Chub Cay, Berry Islands, Bahamas ($250 Million)
- Grand Lucayan Resort, Freeport Bahamas ($235 Million)
USA Education & Licensure
BS Civil Engineering Auburn University in Alabama
Let SolarIsland Energy help your Bahamian business save significantly on energy bills, have reliable, self-contained utilities, improve its long-term value, and be less dependent on fossil fuels. We provide a free consultation to assess how you can benefit from solar panel installation and renewable energy solutions. Contact us today 305-396-1739