Marc is a licensed, Professional Engineer with over 20 years’ experience in engineering, construction, development, renewable energy, and applied sciences. He is a NABCEP-certified Solar Installation Professional, and installed his first solar energy system in 1992. He has participated in the design, construction, or development of hundreds of commercial renewable energy and energy efficiency projects across the country and internationally. Marc is Engineer-of-Record for over 400 solar-PV projects and 10 microgrids. He has implemented over 80 large-scale battery based energy-storage projects totaling over 75 MWh of energy storage capacity, and a dozen utility-scale solar projects. Marc also is a NABCEP-certified Systems Inspector, one of only 40 worldwide.
Prior to being immersed full time in the solar-energy industry, Marc held senior positions with a multinational Fortune-100 corporation, an ENR-100 engineering firm, and an internationally-recognized oceanographic research institution. His responsibilities included managing an annual budget of $200M+ in Construction Management for a global data center provider. These positions ranged from building solar-powered undersea equipment, robotics, instrumentation, and marine equipment to engineering and construction of data centers and telecom infrastructure. This diverse experience is the foundation for his expertise in solar energy, advanced technology, and energy performance of commercial buildings. He is involved in a variety of nonprofit and governmental bodies: including over a decade on Planning & Zoning Commissions and five years on the Board of Directors of the US Green Building Council in St Louis including Board President.
Marc is a regular speaker, presenting training and seminars and participating on panel discussions on renewable energy, energy efficiency, and advanced technology topics to a diverse audience from industry trade groups and non-governmental agencies to firefighters and first responders. He is a solar-energy technical advisor to the World Bank, a peer reviewer of hurricane survivability for both the US Department of Energy, National Renewable Energy Laboratory and the Rocky Mountain Institute and Clinton Climate Initiative. Recently he was a panel member at the 2017 Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum discussing next generation microgrids and in 2018 at the Puerto Rico Solar Energy Industries Association discussing distributed generation, reliability and survivability in the Caribbean.
Education & Licensure
- BS Ocean Engineering – University of Rhode Island and Florida Atlantic University
- MS Civil Engineering – Florida Atlantic University
- Licensed Professional Engineer (New York, Nevada, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Florida, Michigan, and NCEES listed)
- LEED Accredited Professional (US Green Building Council), 2006; Board of Directors, 2008-2013
- NABCEP-Certified Solar Installation Professional, 2010
- New York NYSERDA Approved PV Installer, 2012
- Illinois Certified Distributed Generation Installer, 2014
- Missouri Energy Code Governor’s Steering Committee, 2014
- Illinois Grow Solar Commission, 2015
- NESC and IEEE Working Committee on Battery Energy Storage System Safety, 2016
- NABCEP-Certified Photovoltaic System Inspector, 2017